The Top 31 Books For Dentists of 2024
In the dynamic world of dentistry, staying informed is crucial. Wondering what books your peers are reading? We’ve got you covered with our list of the 31 best dental books for 2024, all highly recommended by dentists and dental experts.
Whether your goal is to grow your practice, learn new techniques and strategies, or improve patient care, these top dental books will be valuable assets in your professional journey.
1. 365 Days of Social Posts for Dentistry
To help you create new ideas for social media posts for your dental practice.
2. A Cup Of Coffee With 12 Leading Dentists In The United States: Inspirational short stories and valuable insights into a new era of dentistry
Elias J. Achey Jr. D.M.D & Jared M. Van Ittersum D.D.S.
To help you understand how top dentists operate within their careers and at their practices.
3. An Introduction to Mobile & Teledentistry: How Technology, Consumer Demand & Prevention Are Shaping the Future of Dentistry
Melissa Turner & Sonya Dunbar
To help you better understand how to integrate mobile and teledentistry into your practice.
4. Balance: A Guide to Managing Dental Caries for Patients and Practitioners
V. Kim Kutsch, DMD
To help you and your team best manage dental caries in patients.
Susan Smallegan & Diana Kightlinger Decouteau Maples
To help you gain an understanding of how your dental health relates to your whole body health.
6. By the Numbers: A Guide to Buying and Running Your Dental Practice
Addison Killeen DDS & Kevin Rossen
To help you learn how to buy, operate, and grow a dental practice.
7. Communication Skills for Dental Health Care Providers
Lance Brendan Young, Cynthia O’Toole, & Bianca Wolf
To help you strengthen your team’s communication strategies with patients.
From the publisher: “This evidence-based textbook presents the essential communication strategies clinicians should know to facilitate interaction with patients. With a focus on practical strategies instead of dense communication theories, the authors facilitate improved patient-provider communication and demonstrate how to elicit accurate patient information during the health interview, communicate effectively during examinations and procedures, and present preventive and restorative treatment plans from a patient-centered perspective.
8. Dental Practice Hero: From Ordinary Practice to Extraordinary Experience
Dr. Paul Etchison
To help you learn strategies for running your dental office, leading your team, and practicing dentistry.
9. Evidence-Based Dentistry for the Dental Hygienist
To help dental hygienists learn how to best practice evidence-based dentistry.
11. Get Found, Get Liked, Get Patients: Making the Most of Social Media
To help you attract new patients to your dental practice through social media.
12. Health Behavior Change in the Dental Practice
Christoph Ramseier & Jean E. Suvan
To help you understand motivational interviewing techniques to better communicate with patients.
Are podcasts more of your style?
Read our list of the best dental podcasts of the year!
13. How to Create and Grow an In-House Membership Program For Your Dental Practice
To help you set up and grow a dental membership program.
14. Marketing the Million Dollar Practice: 27 Steps to Follow to Grow 1/2 Million a Year
Dr. Bill Williams
To help your practice achieve rapid growth and higher profits through new patients.
15. Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
Stanley F. Malamed DDS
To help you learn skills needed to manage dental emergencies at your practice.
16. Million Dollar Dentistry
To help learn how to create a culture through coaching at your practice.
17. Moving Your Patients To Yes
To help you better communicate the value of treatment to get patients to move forward with it.
18. Pivot: Practice Leadership Redefined How Dentists Adjust Course & Just Do the Dentistry
To help you transition successfully from a dentist to a dental practice owner.
20. Profit First for Dentists: Proven Cash Flow Strategies for Financial Freedom
Barbara Stackhouse & Drew Hinrichs
How to help you run your dental practice to ensure sound financial decision making and reliable profits.
21. Step Away From The Drill: Your Dental Front Office Handbook to Accelerate Training and Elevate Customer Service
To help you learn skills to better lead your dental practice and get more out of your team.
22. Take Action: Treatment Coordination for a Successful Dental Practice
Ann Marie Gorczyca
To help you learn how to manage the day-to-day of your dental practice.
23. Teeth: The Story of Beauty, Inequality, and the Struggle for Oral Health in America
To help you better understand how oral health plays a vital role in our society.
24. The $10,000 a Day Dentist: 50 Ways to Create a Highly Successful Practice
Dr. Bill Williams
To help you better understand how to build and manage a successful practice.
25. The Bulletproof Practice by Dr. Peter Boulden and Dr. Craig Spodak
Peter Boulden & Craig Spodak
To help you better understand how to bring your practice to the next level through a patient care philosophy.
26. The Myth of the Rich Doctor
Vicki Rackner & Reginald A.T. Armstrong
To help you build wealth and set yourself up for success as a dentist in your 50s and 60s.
27. The Oral-Systemic Health Connection: A Guide to Patient Care
To help you better understand the oral-systemic health connection.
28. The Startup Dentist: The Definitive Guide to Starting a Successful Dental Practice From Idea to Opening Day
Stephen Trutter, Jayme Amos, & Dr. Bryan Packard
To help you through all stages of starting a dental practice from scratch.
29. The Stress-Free Dentist: Overcome burnout and start loving dentistry again
Dr. Eric Block
To help you learn strategies for lessening stress as a dentist or dental professional.
30. They Didn’t Teach Us THAT In Dental School: Strategies for Dental Practice Success
Steven M. Katz
To help you move from being a dental student and practicing dentist to a practice owner.
31. Titans of Dentistry: How the top performers think and act differently
Dr. Justin Short & Dr. David Maloley
To help you better understand what helps set top-performing dentists apart from the rest.
Craving more dental knowledge?
If you’re looking for information on how to improve your practice, there are endless resources to do just that. At :Delmain, we’ve done the research on the best resources available so you don’t have to.
24 Best Dental Websites
Most Popular & Best Dental Podcasts
Jaw-Dropping Dental Branding & Logo Ideas
Top US Dental Conferences
Definitive Practice Management Tips from Leading Dental Experts
Best Dental Podcasts, Videos, Books, Blogs, Facebook Groups, & Conferences
Stop surviving. Start thriving.
Select the plan that fits your goals
Start seeing more patients