Why & How We Track ResultsLearn how a results-driven approach keeps us accountable to clients
If you’re tired of hearing this answer to every question you ask your online marketing agency, you’ve come to the right place. At Delmain, tracking, understanding, and reporting data are critical to everything we do.
Let’s take a look at the metrics we track, the results we look for, and how it benefits the businesses we work with.
Can we measure that?
If you don’t collect and analyze the results of your digital marketing efforts, you:
- Can’t understand what’s working and what isn’t
- Won’t know the return on your investment in time, money, and effort
As online marketers, we can’t do our job without tracking results. Measuring and presenting these results is how we hold ourselves accountable to clients and show our partnership’s positive effect on their business. That’s why when outlining a digital marketing strategy for your business, our first question is always, “can we measure that?”
We’re motivated by real results and are proud to get them for our clients.
Learn how we helped our client ANC Movers achieve…
- 147% increase in website traffic
- 30X growth in residential moving leads
- 10+ new leads for specialty moving services every month
So what exactly are we tracking?
We work closely with our clients to understand their goals. Then, we determine the trackable data most closely linked to those objectives. Based on our suggested online marketing strategy, there are 6 common metrics we typically measure.
What is a conversion?
The desired action you want a potential client, customer, or patient to take. For instance, contacting your business, making a purchase, or scheduling an appointment.
2. Website traffic
Delivering website traffic is just the tip of the iceberg. It’s the analysis that helps us know who’s visiting your website, where they’re coming from, and what pages they’re visiting within your site. A few specific metrics we look at are…
- Volume: How many visitors are coming to the site on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis? What’s the year-over-year volume comparison?
- Quality: How long are people staying on your site? How many pages are they visiting?
- Source: Where are these visitors coming from? For instance, Google, social media, or direct traffic?
3. Keyword rankings
Two essential elements of a successful SEO strategy are:
- Picking the right keywords to rank for
- Tracking what position/page your site ranks when searching those keywords
Not only do we track where you’re ranking right now, but how that ranking changes over time.
5. Social media interaction
Tracking key data points help determine whether or not paid social media tactics are successful:
- Photo views/video plays
- Clicks to website
- Engagement (likes, comments, shares)
6. Newsletter results
A few email marketing campaign metrics we keep an eye on include:
- Open rates – The percentage of total contacts who open your email (as opposed to deleting or ignoring it)
- Clicks on links – The number of people who click through from the email to your website
- Unsubscribes and spam complaints – These metrics can help you understand how to more closely align your content to the needs of your audience
A peek in our toolbox: how we track results
The industry standard for measuring digital data, Google Analytics is how we track your website performance, including website traffic, conversions, and ad performance.
CallRail is a dynamic call tracking program that allows us to connect the dots between a phone call and an adwords campaign or Google search.
Let’s put your website to work
At Delmain, we take a results-driven approach to SEO and our client partnerships. Our methodology is based on a combination of industry best practices, meticulous attention-to-detail, and proven techniques. But you won’t be left in the dark. We always make sure our clients understand what we’re doing and why.
Whether you want to dive into the the nitty gritty, or prefer a simple explanation, we make it easy to understand the results and what it means when it comes to reaching your goals and objectives.
One more case study before you leave?
Watch the video below to learn how we worked together with Blodgett Dental Care to help the practice achieve…
- 635% increase in organic traffic
- 230% new patient growth
- 2X increase in recurring revenue