Content Marketing StrategistIf you know the magic words that get people to click, read, and make a purchase, we’re looking for you.
If you know the magic words that get people to click, read, and make a purchase, we’re looking for you.
Delmain is a boutique digital marketing agency located in SE Portland, OR. We specialize in SEO, PPC, social media and
conversion optimization. We are looking for a content marketer with some social media marketing chops to complete our skill set.
We work with small to mid-sized businesses in industries like trades, professional services, ecommerce and national B2B and B2C. One of the things that makes this job so exciting is the variety in industries of the 35+ clients we service.
You will be working regularly with 20+ of these clients, but we all chip in on each other’s projects when needed.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in local/technical SEO, PPC, and web analytics, but a curiosity and willingness to help out is a must. Our team is always learning and attending local events like SEMpdx lectures and digital marketing workshops. We have a tendency to geek out about things like changes in Google search engine results, how to write at a 5th grade level (a good thing), and well-executed remarketing campaigns, to name a few.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage the intake process for new clients, including performing preliminary research of their industry, brainstorming potential blog topics and social media posts, and conducting a discovery interview with
clientduring initial onboarding.
- Write copy and source photos/other rich media to post to client blogs at the rate of 15+ posts/month and the Delmain blog.
- Audit existing copy and write new copy on client websites to further search engine optimization objectives and increase conversion rates.
- Assist in the promotion of blog posts via social media, paid advertising, blogger outreach, and other channels.
- Strategize and write copy for one-off special projects including email newsletter marketing, Google AdWords advertising, Facebook advertising, copy advising, etc.
Social Media Marketing
- Lead and/or participate in one-on-one social media/digital marketing training sessions with clients.
- Oversee the development and social media updates for clients across multiple industries on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, etc.).
- Use Photoshop or Illustrator to create basic memes and
mock upphotos and other media for social media updates and blog posts.
- Supervise, mentor and collaborate with the content marketing specialist.
- Interface with internal teams on search engine optimization, paid media advertising, website conversion optimization and other digital marketing initiatives.
- Monitor Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other analytics platforms to ensure engagement and success metrics are being reached.
- Spearhead internal marketing projects jointly as they come up.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in business, marketing, communications, journalism or
other relevant field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing content and social media campaigns.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an agency setting is preferred.
- Be a writer. We’re looking for someone who is a strategic digital marketer with strong writing skills. You must understand the nuances of writing for
web, and how the rules of engagement change between websites, blog posts, email newsletters andtweets.
- Be an internet researcher. You should already have strategies in place for getting into the heads of a target market. We’d prefer someone with experience using Reddit, Quora, or online forums to do market research.
- Be organized. We’re serious. As Delmain brings on new clients, you will need to juggle multiple projects. In our open office, you’ll occasionally find yourself in a crossfire of ideas, phone calls, deadlines, and emails. For some people, this is exciting. If it sounds overwhelming to you, this may not be a good fit.
- Be accountable. You’ll have a lot of autonomy in this position. We love testing theories and trying out new tools. We want someone who can take an idea, run with it, and dispassionately assess the outcomes – positive and negative.
- Be a people person. Our clients come from diverse backgrounds and skill levels. You should be able to explain everything from updating Facebook to schema markup with equal patience and good humor. You will also be expected to interface with clients on the phone and in person (preferably without breaking a sweat).
- Be cool. We like to find a balance between being easygoing and hard-working. We’re looking for someone who is laid back but driven, intensely focused but cheerful. We want a perfectionist who isn’t afraid to make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
- Understanding of Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Experience with WordPress and/or other content management systems.
- A working knowledge of web analytics tools.
- Hours: Full-time / salaried position.
- Pay: DOE.
- Health insurance.
- Paid time off.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to careers(at)delmain.co. In the cover letter, please answer the following question:
If you could be the content and social media community manager of a well-known brand, which brand would it be and how might you manage it differently?
We are internet people and we love email. So please don’t call! If we think you would be a great fit, we’ll let you know.